After a successful last score, a master thief retires to an island paradise. His lifelong nemesis, a crafty FBI agent, washes ashore to ensure he's making good on his promise. The pair soon enters into a new game of cat-and-mouse.
The story of what happens after a master thief achieves his last big score, when the F.B.I. Agent who promised he'd capture him, is about to do just that.
After the Sunset? More like AFTER THE CRAP SETS! OK, OK, it isn't *that* bad, but I've been dying to use that line, so I couldn't resist. However, it isn't *that* good either. It's just kind of ... there. What I mean by that is the movie sort of just plods along with no real direction, no gripping story. Rather than a movie, it feels like you're watching a polished home video of Pierce Brosnan and Salma Hayek fooling around in the Bahamas and Woody Harrelson joining in to act like a goofball.
I'll give the cast credit, it looks like they had fun filming the movie because there are some funny scenes, especially between Brosnan and Woody, but a lot of the humor falls flat. And boy is the ending gay. Bring a big yellow bucket with you because you'll need something to puke in when the sappy music hits and Brosnan starts telling Salma how he wants "a life full of sunsets" with her. I'm sure 50-year-old women who are in love with the Irish-accented one will gush over this, but I rolled my eyes so far that one of them detached and came out of the socket.
I was also quite disappointed in the lack of actual thievery. Brosnan's supposed to be the world's greatest jewel thief, but all he really does is squint and walk around with his shirt unbuttoned. The "main" theft scene is so simplistic, that I could give my 9-year-old brother the instructions and he could pull it off. My favorite types of heist films are Entrapment, Ocean's 11, The Italian Job, movies of that nature, and this just doesn't compete. Oh sure, Brosnan throws around a couple of technical terms, but where are the planned details of the theft? Where's the tension involved in breaking past security and through various obstacles? I know where it's not - this movie.
Salma Hayek sure is a pleasure to look at though. Plus, she has a very cute personality. For example, when she returns from a tennis lesson she displays the perfect amount of innocent charm when she says the lesson went well because her instructor said she has the "best backside he has ever seen." Brosnan says it's supposed to be "backhand," but I'm pretty sure the instructor meant what he said.
Just a few more observations:
* Chris Penn has a "blink and you'll miss him" cameo as an annoying basketball fan who is used to create a distraction. I'm pretty sure he puts on 50 pounds in between movies.
* If Brosnan insists on walking around for an entire movie either shirtless or with his shirt unbuttoned, then he really needs to start doing some push-ups and sit-ups. Surely he can create some sort of muscle tone.
* Brosnan could also use a shave. If he wants to go for the scruffy look, then that's fine, but he should at least shave his neck and under his chin. Beard growth really accentuates "old man double chin."
* While he's at it, Brosnan might as well also look into obtaining a less bland personality.
* Brosnan and Salma kiss for approximately 48 minutes of screen time.
* This had to be the easiest job in the world for Brosnan - he's in the Bahamas, Salma Hayek's hangin' all over him, and he gets to tool around in a NICE blue Super Sport Camaro (looked to be a '69, like mine). Yeah, life must be so rough for the guy. JERK!
* Don Cheadle's role is about as thankless as it gets. If you're a fan of his, then don't expect to see too much of him.
If you're a huge fan of Brosnan, then you might enjoy this more than I did. It feels a little like The Big Bounce, except it doesn't have Owen Wilson cracking wise. It does have Salma Hayek though! Have I mentioned that yet? But I'd still rate it slightly under The Big Bounce, so you're welcome to take that however you want.
If you want mild, easily forgettable entertainment with a few laughs but no great story to follow, then After the Sunset is tailor-made for you. I recommend waiting for it on video. Ms. Hayek alone makes it worth at least a rental.
Rating: 2.5 (out of 5) OK so after Max lifts the diamond he is frantically shimmying his way backwards in the AC duct. Just before he disappears one of the crew members pops his head into the duct and gets of a couple of shots at him. At this point Max is not wearing his mask and the crewman can clearly see his face? So why wasn't Max arrested?
Extra features on DV very entertaining, especially 'the making of'. Sort of a mini Bret Ratner bio- documentary. He looks like a great director to work with. Woody H is one weird-funny-brilliant guy. Selma & Pierce have excellent chemistry- I'm glad that they weren't paired in a Bond flick, Pierce opens up more as Max. Would love to see a sequel. The witless inanity of After the Sunset is so numbing that the sole reason for any living creature to sit through it--man, woman or household pet--is to marvel at the speed and variety of actress Salma Hayek's costume changes. a5c7b9f00b
Hudson Hawk movie download in mp4
Mitu full movie in hindi 720p
Shave and a Haircut, 2 Xboxes download movie free
Broken tamil dubbed movie free download
Foggy Situation full movie torrent
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. sub download
Episode 1.229 full movie kickass torrent
John Carpenter: Utopian Facade full movie download in hindi hd
Atlanta Finals full movie kickass torrent
Download Cloak Dagger full movie in hindi dubbed in Mp4